Monday, March 5, 2012

Spiritual Journey: Part 7


I do not claim that I can tell a story as it ought to be told. I only claim to know how a story ought to be told.
Mark Twain

After giving birth to Raine, my disease had gone into relative remission and my doctor(s) advised me to get pregnant again pretty quickly; if I got sick again it might be a few years until I got my system straight again enough to carry another baby. So when Raine was 6 months old, we got pregnant again (we didn't think it would happen THAT quickly). Before we knew it, Rye was born and I was now a Mother Of Boys. Months later, after we talked about losing 2 and then having 2 healthy boys, added to my age and medical issues, we thought it best that we declared our family done. I had always wanted at least 4-5 children, but that was in my 20s and before I hadRye. HA. This realization came with more changes in my artwork.

Unconsciously, I began embracing my feminity fully, and began a series of Dress paintings called Dress Me Up. The first of these I sent to a magazine, and relatively easily, was published.



I had always surrounded myself with strong women -- I always appreciated having a lot of girlfriends --
and began to express these prized qualities in another Dress series, called You Wear It Well.




No comments:

Post a Comment