Monday, January 16, 2012

LOVING YOUNG HOUSE LOVE

Life is a condition alternating between excitation, destruction, and unbalance, and reorganization, equilibrium, and rest. In the course of life colors play their role. Each color has a special importance and all colors together help to guarantee normal life.
Kurt Goldstein

How can people keep current on their websites/Facebook/twitter/online shops/blogs? I'm a little embarrassed that last entry was a long time ago, but it's not like I've been sitting around "twiddling my thumbs". I know a few people who are able to keep up with all of their social media, but when do they have time to Make Things? I guess I choose to express myself more with the work.

In late December, my work appeared on an awesome blog that is written in Richmond (YoungHouseLove), and my etsy shop went crazy for a few weeks -- I had over 10,000 visitors in about 10 days!! Not quite that many sales, but I'm not complaining. At all.

In the fall, I had been making a bunch of whimsical animal collage/paintings that had been really popular. In a terrific rush of brain power I decided to make prints a few of them that had sold, and in turn, the prints have become extremely popular. One of the smartest things I've done -- I thought and I thought and I thought and I finally made the right decision...

Here are a few of them



No comments:

Post a Comment