Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The viewer's vision must be changed by a good Realist picture (or any picture). He or she should never be able to look at the subject depicted in the same way again.

Adelle Weber


A few months ago I got word that some of my work is going to be published in a national magazine in January. In mid September I got another email that the shoot for the magazine was the first week in October -- could I send 5 or 6 original pieces, and a 3-4 part step down, along with a 1,000 word article to arrive in their offices by October 1? 

Well, uh, sure...I can do that...(What the heck is a step down??). I called a magazine editor friend, she had no idea. So I forgot my pride and wrote back to the magazine, and got my answer. A step down is a 3-4 step example showing the process where a piece is created. So, in the next week, I had to decide on -- and gather from various places -- 5 or 6 originals to send, a 1,000 word essay, and 3-4 new pieces showing the process...no stress, no problem...

So here's what I came up with. All packed up, sent away, and now I await the return. The next question is, what do I do with the first two pieces???

No comments:

Post a Comment