Friday, September 14, 2012

The artist brain is the sensory brain: sight and sound, smell and taste, touch. These are the elements of magic, and magic is the elemental stuff of art.

In filling the well, think magic. Think delight. Think fun. Do not think duty. Do not do what you should do....Do what intrigues you, explore what interests you; think mystery, not mastery.
Julia Cameron




 

I love how cupcakes continue to be popular. I have some Dessert paintings and notecards in a beautiful cupcake "shoppe" here in Richmond, and every time I go in to check my inventory, I am amazed at how consistently, constantly, they are busy. The owner says they sell over 1,000 cupcakes per day. Amazing, and this isn't even a Big City.

What fascinates me as much is the huge variety of liners and papers that are available for cupcakes. Look on etsy or Michael's at the different ones for sale --  it's like going to a candy store. I decided to make some cards out of these cupcake liners, and I had so much fun! And I got a laugh when I bought a whole bunch of the papers at a store and the check-out person said, "You sure are going to make a lot of cupcakes."  I have strips and pieces all over the place, but the colors make me joyous.



No comments:

Post a Comment