Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I like to employ a form of repetition, in which the same elements recur but in different and unexpected ways.
--Graham Nelson
My kids love to hear stories about my childhood, and I think it's really important for them to hear not only of my adventures, but also of my mistakes and lessons I learned along the way. It gives them something to think about.
They've recently started at a new school, and on Thursdays it's ice cream day. Just like when I was in elementary school, when Friday was ice cream day. Bring your 10 cents and pick out your favorite flavor from a white portable freezer (it's now 75 cents).  Brown Mule, Nutty Buddy, Bomb Pop -- which one to choose? So I'm back to desserts in my paintings, not cakes with occasional bits of paper, but popsicles with lots of paper. I'm calling the series "Nostalgia". Are there any 40 somethings out there? Check it out:









No comments:

Post a Comment