Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer

Eat well, kiss well, work ditto and you'll die happy.

Paul Gauguin

Summer is here and my boys are home.
And that means little or no working for me. My two are not the quietly-read-in-the-corner-and-not-make-a-mess kinds of kids. They are the We-want-to-have-a-lemonade-stand-and-need-you-to-make-the-lemonade-and-set-up guys. I'm hands on and hands in. I've been going through the ideas I've ripped out of magazines and culled off Pinterest -- glow in the dark jars from light sticks, chalk shadows, patriotic pretzels, drawing, journaling, etc etc. They abuse and waste my supplies when I attempt a real Art Project, I can't teach them a thing. No respect for their elder.

So I am trying my best to cool my jets and enjoy the summer and not do a bunch of work (until next week, more on that). And apparently patience pays off. Last week I got notice that one of my cards has been featured in Somerset Studio Gallery's Summer 2013 issue (I was also in their last issue). And today, another note from them -- a feature this time in Handcrafted Volume 8!! And I'm scheduled to be  in Cloth, Paper, Scissors in January 2014. Hope my 15 minutes of fame doesn't happen all at once.

2012 Winter issue

No comments:

Post a Comment